Specialized GYPP in Finance
6 Month Specialized GYPP in Finance
Deadline for Fall program (July 2017 to January 2018) is May 30, 2017.
For international educational institutions interested in an intensive and focused academic program for their students, VIPP offers Specialized Global Young Professional Program (SGYPP). Many SGYPP components are designed in collaboration with MSU Schools or Institutes to meet the sponsor's particular requirements.
VIPP offers the 6-month long Specialized GYPP in Finance twice a year. The Spring program runs from January to July and the Summer program runs from July to the next January. Senior or junior 4-year college students are eligible to apply. Majors in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any Business-related subjects are preferred but not required.
Participants will take two finance courses taught by MSU or affiliated faculty in finance. Other academic and research related courses as well as English language courses will be taught by VIPP faculty. Upon successful completion students will be awarded a certificate of Specialized Global Young Professional Program (SGYPP) on Finance by the Visiting International Professional Program (VIPP) at MSU.
- Academic courses taught by MSU faculty.
- Career services and advising.
- Spoken and written English training.
- Experiential learning in inancial management.
- Field trips to the finance districts of Chicago and Detroit.
- MSU activities, seminars, and cultural events.
Participants must take 8 courses (15 credits total) from four tracks. Most courses are 3 credit semester-long courses. Half-semester long short courses are 1.5 credits.
- 3 Core Courses in Finance (6 credits in total): Introduction to Investment, Introduction to Finance, Financial Management, International Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Money and Banking, Advanced Business Management, Investment Strategies and Special Markets
- 1 Core Course in Management (3 credits): Introduction to Management, Effective Management, Strategic Leadership and Management, Business Analytics
- 2 General Academic and Research Courses (3 credits): General Research Methodology, Professional and Academic Writing, Crosscultural Business Communication Skills, Organizational Behavior, Leadership
- 2 English Language and Culture Courses (3 credits): Pronunciation, Idioms, Conversation, American Culture, Business English, Public Speaking, Negotiation Skills
- Senior or junior at a 4-year college.
- Preferably major in finance, economics, accounting or any business-related subject.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Minimum TOEFL score 60 (internet-based) or CET Band-4 or equivalent.
J-1 or F-1 non-degree student visa.
Tuition is $6,500 excluding health insurance and living costs.
See the Participant Resources page to find more information about health insurance coverage and resources for participants.
Apply for the 2017 Specialized GYPP in Finance program.
Apply Now to VIPP Summer School!
Cheer for MSU Women's Basketball Team
Meet Rotary Club International
Perspective from an Electric Chair